Thursday, September 09, 2010

So What I am Suppose to do Next?

I'm graduating in ~6 months from now and I need to start figuring out what the heck to do next. It's finally time for me to get a real job (and a haircut, from what my fiancée seems to be trying to tell me through the use of a certain song).

In about three months from now I need to finalize what I'm doing for my stage, and I want that decision to reflect where I plan to be once I graduate. I'm not saying I will be hired where I do my stage, but it would be optimal. Even if I don't though, I'd like my stage to at least resemble what I'll be doing once I do start getting a pay check. I also could go the freelance route (for my stage as well), but I'm a bit worried it would be too much pressure on me for the stage if I'm just starting up, because to pass I'd obviously need to find clients and get paid to do some work. I have been thinking about launching my own company once my wedding (Oct. 2nd, god it's close) is over and done with and I have time to start concentrating on other things (and the money needed for a start up). If that's the case, in the two odd months I have between now and when I need to figure out what I'm doing for my stage (at least on a preliminary stage), at least I'd have an idea if the whole freelance thing is feasible or not.

If anyone out there in internet land had any ideas, don't be afraid to drop me an e-mail and give me some advice, or tweet me, or whatever other (not so popular) form of communication you might prefer.

Once the whole process starts coming into focus I'll make sure to post some updates here, obviously sooner than later if I do decide to launch my own company.