Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Typography resources



Just a quick post today. For all of us who want to know more about fonts, FontShop has an educational section on their site that has a few really well put together PDFs. I saw Meet Your Type a month or two ago, and I thought it was fantastic. I was rather happy today when I found out they had so much more.

Meet Your Type is a rather long document (52 pages), but a very light read written in a romance style. It's fun and informative, what else can you ask for? They also have the Type Anatomy, Type Tips, and the Right Font for the Job.

While I'm generally not a fan of documentation put out by a company trying to sell me something, I find they've done a great job on all of these and suggest you check it out if you enjoy typography.

And for those of you who are really into typography, there is a great blog (which sadly isn't updated regularly enough for my tastes) with tons of info in it's archive. If you just want to get a nice taste of a few concepts the FontShop stuff is great, but if you want to dive deeper into understanding type, I Love Typography is a great place to start.

And I just ran into this and thought it fit in pretty well. Buy it for $15 at The Birds and the Beasts.